Thursday, February 3, 2011

Endoscopy ... here we come

I received a telephone call from UCLA this morning to set up the appointment for an upper endoscopy.

We've set it for February 17 at 12:30 p.m.  The procedure should take about an hour and a half total.  I will be sedated.  Fun, fun, fun.  I'm hoping Michael will be able to take me, but if not, then I'll start looking around for somebody else to go with me and get me home.  (Rentboy.com anybody?  Hey, it worked for George Rekers.)  They won't do the procedure unless somebody is with me to take me home.  I can not take a taxi or a bus.  This really grates on my last "I'll just do it myself" nerve, but learning to ask for help is something I'm working on, so here we go!

Yesterday, I informed the managing partner that I will be going through some medical stuff this year, and that while I hope nothing changes in work attendance, etc. I might have to take more time off work for illness than I normally would.  We didn't discuss what would happen if that time goes over what I have allotted.  I'm assuming I would have to make up the time.  He asked if he could tell the other two attorneys, I said that was fine, but that I didn't want to have long drawn out conversations about it with them.  Mostly, I don't want to have to discuss all my intimate medical details with each of them.  Keeping a healthy distance between my personal life and them has kept me mostly sane for the past 16 years.  Of course, given the fact that I'm recording all of these datails on this blog makes this a bit weird, but hey, welcome to the dichotomy of my life.

I asked about the liver biopsy procedure, but apparently my insurance has declined that procedure.  I'm not sure what that means as of yet, but hopefully it won't kink up any of the works.  I'll call and get more info from Dr. D. soon if it comes down to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment