Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things I did this weekend

Last weekend was the last three day holiday weekend until Memorial Day at the end of May. 

So, here's what I did:

1.  Auditioned for an AFI film in which my character was a middle-aged schlub who works as a fast food employee and is having an affair with a married woman.

2.  Auditioned for the title role in a short film (paying!) based on Aeschylus play "Agamemnon."

(It really is too bad that my casting is so limited.)

3.  Played a truly scandalous amount of an online game called "Battle of the Immortals."

4.  Made (yes, made) pillows for my truck, so if I need to take a nap, I'll be comfortable.  (I'm thinking about changing my middle name to "Martha.")  Pictures to come soon.

5.  Bought the rest of the fabric and batting for my mother's quilt that I'm hoping to get done this year, if not by the summer. I also cut a bunch of fabric for the same project.  I'm hoping to post some pictures soon.

6.  Cleaned my kitchen (and boy, did it need it).

7.  Did all of the laundry but the towels.

8.  Got the finishing touch-up done on my leg tattoo.  By the way, if you ever want a tattoo done and are in the Los Angeles area, Dave Davenport at Marginalized tattoo is not only an amazing tattoo artist, but is just the sweetest guy, and totally adorable.  Alas, he's already taken.  His dog that keeps him company while he works is also very sweet.  You can check out Dave's stuff at http://www.dogspunk.com/blog/. (some very adult stuff in his blog, just FYI).

9.  Watched Piranha 3d.  Best. Movie. Ever.  I can't remember laughing that much in such a short period of time.  Michael described it as the Citizen Kane of monster fish movies.  He's not far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment